The Power in Words: SPEAK IT
By Brittany Rudolph, SE Alabama/NW Florida District, June 16, 2015
Proverbs 18:21New International Version (NIV)
The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
We have the ability to speak life to a situation or curse a situation.
1. We know that God created the world by speaking it into existence. The world was framed by the Word of God. He created the visible world out of nothing (see Hebrews 11:3). What God speaks comes to pass. Over and over in Genesis 1, we see the words, "And God said." Whatever God said became reality. He said, let there be light, let there be plants, let there be living creatures, and finally let us make man in our own image. All of these things in the world are a reality today because God spoke them into existence thousands of years ago. All of creation is a result of God's word spoken in the beginning of time.
2. Genesis 1:26 says that God created man in His own image and after His likeness and gave him complete authority over all the earth. So humankind was created in the very likeness of God himself. Just as God had the power to speak and create things from His spoken words, we too have been given the power to speak and create by our words. Proverbs 18:21(Amplified Bible) says, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it.”
3. What we say matters. People don't like to hear that because they know the words they speak are often negative and destructive. But the fact that we don't like it doesn't alter the power of the truth. By knowing the truth about the power of the words we speak we can change the course of our lives and impact the world.
4. Everything that exists came by words. In the book of Genesis we see that God spoke and things came into existence. If we are in doubt about how powerful words are think about the creation. If we were created in his image and his likeness that means that we have SPEAKING POWER! Joshua 1:8 states that God's word produces life.
5. Words are seeds. Seeds produce its own kind! For example, if you plant Apple seeds you will get an apple tree as a result. If you speak good things good things will happen if you speak about bad things you will get bad results.
6. Words are a powerful force! What you speak is what you get!
If you are going through a situation in your life you have to speak to your situation. You have to have some word down in your belly in order to get the results you are seeking.
You have to remind God of who he is:
El Shaddi- Lord God Almighty
Jehovah Jireh- The lord who provides
Jehovah Nissi- Lord you're my banner
Jehovah Shalom- Lord you're with me
Jehovah Rappha- My healer
Jehovah Tiskendu- Lord you're righteous
Jehovah Shammiah- Lord you're there
You have to remind GOD of who he is!
Remind him of his word!
Your words have POWER speak them over your life!
- << Prev